Yes, even in the desert, winter's fingers creep in. When the sun goes down, temperatures plummet. We may have been enjoying 75-degree weather during the day, but nighttime drops to the 30's. Okay, you readers huddling inside away from the snow and subzero temperatures can stop glaring. I realize the winters here are pretty mild. It's not my fault my blood has thinned and turned me into a pansy.
The real reasons the desert is cool:
- Awesome sunsets
- The Coolest thunderstorms and lightning
- No shoveling snow
- Bella loves the big open sky and the smell of creosote
- Heated outdoor pools, swimming year round
- Old West history - OK Corral, Tombstone, Boot Hill Cemetery...
- Stephenie Meyer lives here
- Sunny park weather
- Real roadrunners (and coyotes!) in the wild
- Long growing seasons
- It's one letter away from desserts...