So here's a recipe that's adorable, and kids can help too!
Peanut Butter Bears
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- decorations (I use mini chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix shortening and peanut butter together. Mix in sugar, brown sugar, and baking soda.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in flour slowly.
- For each bear, form the following out of dough. -One 1" ball
- On ungreased cookie sheet, press the 1" ball to about a half inch thickness. Attach the 3/4" ball as the head; flatten. Arrange the 1/2" balls around for arms, legs, and ears. Place the 1/4" ball on the head as the snout.
- Add decorations as eyes, nose, teeth, whatever.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are light brown.
-One 3/4" ball
-Six 1/2" balls
-One 1/4" ball